- Writing off money when it is not necessary
- Missing the timely filing deadline for insurance claims
- Submitting PPO plan fee on the insurance claim form
- Not charging the full practice fee when procedures are not covered by insurance (when applicable)
- Not following up on unpaid insurance claims
- Credentialing errors
- Not leveraging benefit information in the practice management software
- Not reading/understanding the PPO contract
- Not asking for a fee schedule of the PPO plan before they sign
- Not knowing which companies the practice is in network for
This is why I started Virtual Dental Office. I wanted to help dental practices better manage the insurance side of their business. Over the past few years I have had the pleasure of seeing how staying on top of insurance can make a huge impact on the bottom line.
As much I as I love being able to take these insurance tasks off the hands of dental practices, I know they need more. I believe that with the proper training and education dental professionals can stay educated in the ever-changing world of dental insurance, and make a significant impact on their dental practice’s bottom line.
This is why I have been working feverishly over the past few months to figure out how I can provide practices the tools to avoid costly insurance mistakes. Next week I will be launching an exciting new platform that has the power to change all of that.
Is your practice losing money on insurance? Stay tuned…